Streamline Stakeholder reviews
A transparent, collaborative EA model review utility for non-technical users
Elevate the quality, accuracy and conformance of EA diagrams by breaking the silos between modellers and business users.
The Prolaborate approach to reviewing and enhancing your models is collaborative and transparent. Prolaborate breaks down the barriers between modellers and end-users, delivering improved quality, engagement and acceptance of analysis, design and business knowledge.
The review approach in Prolaborate is holistic, making it easy for EA modellers to seamlessly setup live reviews to engage end users, many of whom are non-technical and not proficient Sparx EA users.
- Fully web-based review setup, management and participation.
- Innovative review platform, enabling wider audience and increasing transparency.
- Setup reviews by choosing EA model elements and diagrams from web.
- Invite team members, customers or stakeholders from inside or outside the team.
- Users sign in with a email address, and can use the platform via web, desktop or IPads.
- Never miss an event - virtue of Prolaborate Email Notifications and in-app notifications.
- Reduce review time and improve efficiency.
This article will showcase how to setup and manage reviews in Prolaborate.
Reviews in ProlaborateAny user with permissions to setup and manage reviews can initiate a new review. The capabilities that let users take full control of setting up and managing reviews in Prolaborate are:
- Add Reviewers and Approvers
- Select Sparx EA elements and diagrams to be reviewed
- Activate Review
- Manage Reviews
1. Setup Review
- Email Notifications Inviting to participate
- In-App Notifications indicating user's role in reviews
- Active reviews visibility in Users portal
2. Inviting participation
- Add Review Comments (concerns) at individual diagram or element level
- Discuss with other reviewers and modelling team in a common platform
- Tag other users and other model artifacts in Review Comments
- Set priority of Review Comments to ensure attention
- Get Notified for every response to your review comments
- View live model changes instigated by review comments.
- Record your acceptance or rejection at artifact level.
3. Participating in Reviews
- Intuitive charts and dashboards to monitor review progress
- Intelligent slicing and dicing to view review results
- Granular control to selectively monitor review items.
4. Managing and Controlling Reviews
Representational WalkthroughTo see how these features work in practice, here is an illustrative walkthrough of setting up and managing reviews in Prolaborate.
1. Setup Review
1.1 Add New Review
- In the Reviews Explorer window -> Add New Review
- Set up the review – start by configuring the review details… give it a name, add some notes, and choose the dates the review will be active
1.2 Add Reviewers and Approvers
- Select who will participate in the review – from the list of existing Prolaborate users or guests. Then….
1.3 Select Sparx EA elements and diagrams to be reviewed
- Choose all the elements and diagrams to be included in this review. They can be from anywhere in the structure. When everything you need has been selected in the tree-view then "Add Artifacts". (P.S. If you miss any then you can come back and add extras later)
1.4 Activate Review
- All done!
1.5 Manage Reviews
- You can add new reviews from the settings menu, as well as manage reviews you've already set up.
1.6 Modify Review Status, Manage Artifacts, Add or Modify Review Details
- Select reviews to change their status (from "In Review", to "For Approval" to "Closed")
- Change the elements and diagrams in each review, change the review dates or edit the notes
2. Inviting participation
2.1 Email Notifications Inviting to participate
- Anyone added as a reviewer or approver gets an email notification …
2.2 In-App Notifications indicating user's role in reviews
- …and a reminder when they are logged in.
2.3 Active reviews visibility in Users portal
- All current reviews are shown in the browser and the dashboard…
- And diagrams containing content in review are highlighted.
3.1 Add Review Comments (concerns) at individual diagram or element level
- Submit comments on any element or diagram in review
3.2 Tag other users and other model artifacts in Review Comments
- Include links, cross references to other model artifacts, or tag others to get their input.
3.3 Set priority of Review Comments to ensure attention
- Prioritise feedback so that important items are highlighted and addressed
3.4 Get notified for every response to your review comments
- Follow the thread of discussions about your input
3.5 Record your acceptance or rejection of Review Item
- Once you've finished your review, let the author know.
4.1 Intuitive charts and dashboards to monitor review progress
- Everyone can see the progress of each review – who is involved, who has issues, when everything has been approved.
4.2 Granular control to selectively monitor review items
- With visibility of review progress for each individual item as well as at summary level, it's easy to spot where efforts should be focussed.
- The power of Prolaborate makes reviewing and approving model contents simple and transparent.
- Bringing all the right people together to share knowledge and insight, collaborating with Prolaborate is seamless and engaging.
- Deliver quality with Prolaborate: Professional Model Collaboration.